Online safety and digital citizenship events
Publicly-bookable events, not including schools or other in-house training listed below (I can also visit your organisation to provide consultancy, support and training. Excellent prices e.g. half-day or full-day. Please get in touch).
*** COMING SOON *** Safe and Empowered: Responding to a Digital Generation
|FREE face-to-face and online training for teachers in Scotland about online safety and digital citizenship. |
We’ll cover the latest tech trends and safety issues, curriculum links and materials, professional skills and key resources to support you.
‘Safe and Empowered’ topics include:
– Don’t share, don’t talk, don’t meet! Let’s bring online safety education up to date.
– Sexting: How effective is blaming and shaming?
– The greatest lie ever told: Trust, conspiracy, algorithms and critical thinking.
– Gaming addiction: Are the kids really hooked?
– Disengaged and oversharing: Tips for involving parents.
– Being me online: How can educators manage their social media presence?
– Hurry, book NOW before it’s too late! (clickbait and why it’s a problem for educators).
… and more!
Get in touch to be notified when the programme is announced.
- Jan: Online Safety Live (28th Jan, Scottish Government internal event)
- Jan: Sexting – understanding the culture of sharing intimate images (31st Jan, Edinburgh, Policy Hub Scotland)
- Feb: Webinar – Online Safety Research (7th Feb, for Boost subscribers, UK Safer Internet Centre)
- Mar: Online safety for carers (26th March, Sunderland, Together for Children)
- Mar: Online Safety in Scotland (29th March, Glasgow, Children In Scotland)
- Jun: Online Harms and Regulation (4th June, UK Safer Internet Centre & University of Edinburgh)
- Jun: Switching off: helping children and young people cope with a busy world (5th June, Children in Scotland)
- Jun: Responding to a Digital Generation (14th June, The Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health)
- Jun: Safeguarding: Online Essentials (21st June, sportScotland)
- Sep: Managing your digital self: Securing your personal brand, reputation and success (3rd Sept, Women in Tech Scotland – lunchtime workshop).
- Sep: Online safety for adopters, carers & social workers (30th Sept, Sunderland, Together for Children)
- Sep: Conference (11th Sep, Place2Be)
- Sep: Keeping Safe Online: Supporting children with additional needs or vulnerabilities (19th Sep, Policy Hub Scotland)
- Oct: Online Safety Live Scotland (Inverness, Livingston, Selkirk, Dumfries, Musselburgh, Edinburgh, Alloa) (7th – 11th Oct, UK Safer Internet Centre)
- Oct: South Lanarkshire Council Child Protection and Online Safety Conference (8th October), Hamilton, RM Education & UK Safer Internet Centre)
- Nov: Online Safety Live Newcastle area (4th – 8th Nov, UK Safer Internet Centre)
- Nov: How to get involved in Safer Internet Day in Scotland (15th Nov, Glasgow, UK Safer Internet Centre).
- Jan: Introduction to Digital Citizenship (Edinburgh, Children in Scotland)
- March: Sexting & honour-based violence (Glasgow, Shakti)
- April: Online safety in Scotland (Glasgow, Children in Scotland)
- April: Internet safety (postponed from January) (Edinburgh, LAYC)
- May: Child & adolescent mental health & wellbeing in the digital age (Glasgow, Children in Scotland)
- Sept: Online safety in Scotland (13th Sept, Edinburgh, Children in Scotland)
- Sept: Scottish Learning Festival seminar (20th Sept, Glasgow, UK Safer Internet Centre)
- Sept: Online Safety Live (25th Sept Musselburgh and Kirkintilloch; 26th Sept Johnstone and Glasgow) (UK Safer Internet Centre)
- Nov: Introduction to Digital Citizenship (2nd Nov, Edinburgh, Children in Scotland)
- Nov: Safer Internet Day Planning Event Scotland (15th Nov, Glasgow, UK Safer Internet Centre).
- Nov: Online Safety Live (20th – 23rd Nov, Newcastle, UK Safer Internet Centre)